Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Creeping Up on 2006

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas. Mine was pretty good. Me and the sibs went to Mom's place and greased our faces quite nicely. :-)

I got a sexy bedding set that I quickly put on the bed when I got home. It's striped with browns and golds and purples. It has pillow shams and bed skirts...I'm like GROWN UP now and whatnot, LOL I got some other cool things...one being a Nintendo DS. Totally geeked about that! Been playing it every day since I received it!

Now that the harried pace of Christmas is over, my fam is preparing to buy food for New Year's Eve; we always make food, watch movies, act crazy, and ring in the new year together.

As we crawl toward 2006, I can't help but to reflect on 2005, and all I have to say is I'm SO happy it's almost over. It's been one of the worst years in my life. So much has happened, a lot of it NOT GOOD, and I'm eager to jump into 2006 and follow the motto, MAKE ME HAPPY.

I've always put others' wants and needs in front of my own, and though I do foresee me continuing that tradition--I actually think I was born to do that--I will, however, focus on me and my goals and what I want more. I'm still fairly young (lol@self); there is no reason why my dreams can't all come true if I make them come true.

I've never been big on RESOLUTIONS for the new year, but this year, I think I will work toward making a "doable" list of goals, of SHON goals that deal only with me and no one else.

If you don't make yourself happy, truly happy, who will?

No comments: