About Nalini...in her own words: I've been writing as long as I can remember, and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings, and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted to buy my first book, Desert Warrior, it was a dream come true. I hope to continue living the dream until I keel over of old age on my keyboard.
I was born in Fiji and raised in New Zealand. I also spent three years living and working in Japan, during which time I took the chance to travel around Asia. I’m back in New Zealand now, but I’m always plotting new trips.
So far, I've worked as a lawyer, a librarian, a candy factory general hand, a bank temp, and an English teacher and not necessarily in that order. Some might call that inconsistency, but I call it grist for the writer's mill.
Click the cover to order your copy of MINE TO POSSESS today!
What are FIVE things readers will love about your latest novel MINE TO POSSESS?
1. The luscious, sexy hero, Clay
2. The strong, determined heroine, Talin
3. The DarkRiver leopard pack - these changelings are possessive in the best way. They'll protect packmates with every ounce of their being.
4. The love scenes. Seriously, I loved writing these particular scenes. Clay and Tally have known each other a long time - they were friends before theybecame lovers, and they're so utterly comfortable with each other - which makes the sparks they generate all the sexier.
5. The banter between Clay & Tally. Even when they're mad at each other (and they are plenty mad at each other at the start), they sizzle together.
MINE TO POSSESS is book FOUR in your Psy/Changeling series. What's the backstory to how the series came to be?
I've always been fascinated by psychic powers, by the idea that we might have unawakened abilities inside of us. One day, it was as if all the ideas I'd be playing around with came together and boom, I began writing - I had these two incredibly vivid characters in my head (Lucas & Sascha from Slave to Sensation (book 1)), and they wanted to show me their world. I wrote the first draft in 3 weeks and it was an incredible experience.
What THREE music tracks would set the mood to read MINE TO POSSESS?
Can I go general? I think first you need something dark and intense, something fun, and something sexy. Because this book has all those things - because of who Clay and Tally are!
MINE TO POSSESS focuses on TWO strong main characters - Clay Bennett and Talin McKade. What strong characteristic does each of these characters possess?
Stubbornness - both of them. In spades. You can see how this might be a problem. But both also possess a capacity to love with everything in them. When they take the step into trust, they do it without barriers, without holding back. Isn't that worth a little stubbornness?
What's your ONE favorite thing about MINE TO POSSESS?
Clay and Tally's relationship. They just fit. :)