Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Coming Soon: Quiver of the Pure Heart by Burnita Bluitt


Granddaughter of a loving, but roguish businessman, Blis Dumas can’t escape a legacy of lies. The time is 1989. The place is San Francisco, where painful stories of gentrification, eviction and relocation still echo within its limits. Clinging desperately to the Victorian home she inherited, she is confronted by a stranger that brings her a life filled with revenge, corruption, and murder. In an unparalleled twist of fate, she discovers that her predicament may have roots buried much closer to home.

Blis’ world starts to crumble as she fights the Bureau to save the home she adores; fights the temptation of an incorrigible former lover; and fights the perils threatening the tender passion of a new budding romance. QUIVER OF THE PURE HEART will appeal to readers that appreciate a social setting that illuminates the universal themes of desire, forgiveness, revenge, and letting go.

San Francisco is one of the loves of Blis’ life, and like any love relationship, it is where her emotions will be tested, where romance will live and die, and where people are not always as they seem. Burnita Bluitt offers a spirited and passionate story of love and corruption in the city by the bay.

The book will be released September 17, and it will be available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and iTunes. Stay close to Burnita's website to receive up to date information on the book's release!



Check out the trailer for Quiver of the Pure Heart!




Did I hear someone say travel? When I’m not tethered to my laptop, you can find me somewhere in the wind. I love a post card landscape and the opportunity to experience other cultures, but the beautiful and foggy San Francisco Bay Area will always be my home. However, a winning Powerball ticket might convince me to spend a great deal of time somewhere else like St. Lucia or the South Pacific. When I’m not writing, you can find me immersed in history books or watching a documentary. I also satisfy my insatiable desire for watching romantic comedies and mysteries by finding a seat in a dark Cineplex with a big bucket of movie popcorn, no butter please.

My debut novel’s title, Quiver of the Pure Heart, is inspired by Buddhist scripture. When pain has touched our lives and we can respond with compassion, it is known as a “quivering of the pure heart.” Surviving the pain helps “us to awaken to the greatness of our heart.”*

Born in Mississippi, but raised in San Francisco. As a child I once lived in an Italianate Victorian similar to the one I’ve written about, only it was solid white. I used to like to sit in the bay windows and watch San Francisco pass by. Through writing the book, I’ve reignited my passion for San Francisco’s rich architecture. [website | Facebook | Twitter]

No comments: