Saturday, May 14, 2011

Part 4 of 5-Part Book to Screen Series LIVE @ APOOO Bookclub




In the first three parts of the five-part series, Book to Screen, I offered advice on books and software to help you on the scriptwriting journey, seeing your book as a visual story, and seeing your book within a movie structure frame.

In this next part, I talk about the actual writing of the script, with short discussion on major story components, such as action, character, and dialogue.

Big thank you to those who have e-mailed about the series, have learned from it thus far, and are actually interested in now turning their books into possible screenplays!

Now, let's move forward in this journey! To read my latest The Write Life for You article in the Book to Screen series, head to APOOO Bookclub via this [link].


Leave comments!

2 comments:

Deirdra A. Eden said...

You have a fabulous blog! I want to award you with one of my homemade awards: Powerful Woman Writer Award for all the hard work you do!

I invite you to follow me, if you haven’t already done so, since we have a lot in common, but no pressure. I’m not giving you the award just so you will follow me. You really do deserve it!
Take care:-)

Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
~Deirdra


P.S.

I'm also looking to interview avid readers to find out what they like to read and published authors (agented, self published, small press, etc.) to find out what they wrote and what the pathway to publishing was like for them.

Let me know if you or someone you know is interested in being interviewed and I will send over the questions you can fill out at your leisure. My email address is Guidedhope (at)gmail(dot)com.

Shonell Bacon said...

I'm sorry I never saw this, Deirdra! Never got an e-mail or saw the comment here. A shame. Thank you SO much for the award! I have it up on the blogsite now, with a link! :-)