Monday, November 17, 2008

Author Annette Fix Talks about Being a Female Writer!

For the month of NOVEMBER, All the Blog's a Page (AtBaP) is featuring FEMALE WRITERS!





This week, we feature Annette Fix, author of the memoir, The Break-Up Diet!











About the book: Annette Fix always believed in happily-ever-after and was busy working her Five-Year Plan: marry her golf-pro boyfriend, homeschool her preteen son, become a famous writer, and retire to Fiji. When her live-in boyfriend calls it quits, Annette finds herself on The Break-Up Diet, consuming vast amounts of chocolate and exercising by diving blindly into the shallow end of the dating pool.


Working as an exotic dancer to bankroll her aspiring writing career and support her son alone, Annette uses her blue-collar instinct to survive in the plastic jungle of The OC.


Annette’s adventures take her on a wild ride as she attempts find the perfect balance between her dreams and her day-to-day life as Supermom.




The Question for November: Reflect on the stories you have written – the stories waiting to be written. What themes, topics do you find your writerly mind pushing you to write? How do these themes, topics portray themselves through you as a female writer?



In replying to the question above, Annette said, "This interview question really made me think about my purpose and intention with my writing—something I feel at a gut level, but never actually articulated until now."




What does Annette articulate about being female writer? Head to All the Blog's a Page now to find out!




ALL THE BLOG'S A PAGE (AtBaP) - Where everything relates to writing



[http://alltheblogsapage.blogspot.com]

1 comment:

Theatre Geek said...

I just wanted to let you know, that if you are interested in following any of my religious thoughts/ideas/rants (including preparing for the Extra Vaganza in New Orleans now), that I'm posting those here.

My main journal is still my LiveJournal, but my the blog where I posted religious things has since gone down, so since all my Lutheran buddies seem to be using blogspot, I decided to use it, too.

Bridget