Monday, March 13, 2006

Interviews, Writing, and Stuff

It's about 6:10 p.m., and I'm home. YAY. Had a meeting today, and I'm VERY tired. Been busy with grading and unruly students, "interesting" surprises at my office, and much much more.

I'm in a good mood right now because I'm listening to Naturally 7. Last weekend, I, along with my sister, my teaching mentor and her niece went to a Naturally 7 concert my school put on as part of its Banners Series. Well, the concert was BEYOND awesome. This concert was RIGHT up there with my MFA graduation and my getting to introduce my literary shero, ZZ Packer. The group is a vocal band, in all its meanings. Their voices are the vocals, the drums, the bass, the flute, the violin, the electric guitar, etc. They are AWESOME. They do original music, and their own versions of songs like "Broken Wings," "More than Words," and some songs of Simon & Garfunkel. I really can't say enough about them; it doesn't hurt that they are attractive as all get out, too! LOL Check them out at their website!

Let's see--OH YEAH...I have two great interviews coming to you...SOON--one with Monica Jackson and one with Mary Castillo, :-) Be on the lookout for them!

I'm still "mentally" working on the next book I have in my head. I did finish the synopsis for "To Catch a Cheat," so now, if I can get some time away from teaching, grading, writing academic books, and meetings--oh, and being mother to the world, I may actually have time to W-R-I-T-E!

I do have the title for my next novel, and I have a rough idea of what the major plot and a sub plot or two are. What I need to do, and what I'm usually too tired to do is work on my character sketches. The two main characters are complicated and for me to make sure their stories come across the right way, I know I will have to do thorough sketches. Typically, I know the basic stuff about my characters when I jump into a story, like name, age, likes, dislikes, etc, and I build on that, but there are some psychological issues with both main characters, so I want to make sure I don't get myself confused as I'm working. The novel is an erotic thriller, so I'm excited about working on it. Once I finally get something written and begin getting into a rhythm, I'll share with you.

What I have realized as I'm writing this post is this: I could be working on my freaking character sketches instead of writing this! LOL But I love y'all, so I wanted to say WASSUP.

Now, I'm going to read a student's essay, grab my coffee, and do a bit of work on the character sketches before "24" comes on. If you don't watch that show, you seriously don't know what's what!

Peace Out Til Laterz.

No comments: